March 27, 2009

Broken Bones


I knew that it was only a matter of time before this happened! In fact, I had just spoken to our pediatrician at Davis's 4 yr check-up last month about the fact that with 3 boys, I was suprised that we had no broken bones yet! He said not to worry, it was just a matter of time! ...and he was right!

Last night, Ashley and Davis were playing chase through the house, and Davis tripped and got his toe stuck under the rug. Poor little guy screamed and cried, and by this morning, it was purple and he wouldn't put any weight on it. It's pretty tough to carry around a 48 lb boy everywhere! We went to the urgent care this morning to get an x-ray, and sure enough, his baby toe is broken! Davis is proud of the x-rays and did so good being still and brave! We are headed to the orthopedist in a few minutes to find out if there is anything that needs to be done! I'll let you know!

No comments: