April 12, 2009

The Finger

It has been a crazy week leading up to Spring Break. Jackson came down with the flu on Tuesday and started vomitting and had a 103 fever. It is lots of fun to have your children crawl into your bed when they are sick, only an hour later to be awoken by throw up! He has been wiped out, and thankfully, no one else is sick! We have enjoyed our Easter, and went to early service this morning. There are so many things we have to thank God for, and our children are just a few. Tomorrow, we will leave to see my dad in Florida. It takes us over 11 hours of driving to get there, so we are praying as well for a peaceful safe drive! Because it's so far away, we don't get there often enough, so it will be nice to visit over Spring Break. The boys are hoping to go fishing and play golf, so we are hoping for nice weather.

On a silly note, I had to share a few things about Davis. He is always able to make us laugh, and yesterday was no exception! Last night, I was driving he and Jack to get fitted for new shoes. From the backseat, I hear "Mommy, do sh** and mitt rhyme?" I was taken aback and sure I didn't hear him correctly and asked him to repeat what he had said. Again "Do sh** and mitt rhyme?" I told him that was not a good word and that we don't say things like that, and he replied "It's ok if it's a bad word, but does it rhyme??" I was hiding my chuckles! It was so funny. I don't know where he heard sh** and he said he doesn't know....let's hope it doesn't get repeated!

Also, last week, he started giving me "the finger" from the back seat. I was shocked and asked him what he was doing. It was obvious he had no idea of the meaning, but was fascinated that he could get his middle finger to stand up alone. He again, doesn't remember where he learned it! I promise it wasn't from me!!! I gave him a lecture about how that is not a nice gesture and that it means that you really don't like someone at all, and then told him that if he did it in public, or at pre-school or church, he would get in a lot of trouble. He said he wouldn't....then daddy picked him up from pre-school last Friday and took him and his best buddy out to Chick-fil-A for lunch. He said he was in the restaraunt and turned around to find Davis and his friend giving "the finger" to everyone at Chick-fil-A. He told them that wasn't nice and not to do it, but they said " we like to do this, it's really cool!" What are we in for when he hits the teenage years????

1 comment:

Aunt Jean said...

How funny and cute. Liz gave me your website and I check it now and then. I am Beacham's wife who is your husband's great uncle.