June 4, 2009

Downpour

As I am writing this, I am looking out my front window waiting on a boat to float by! It is absolutely pouring right now!!! We have had quite a wet Spring, and I should be very thankful for that, but I am looking forward to some more consistant sunny weather, and the low 70's would be nice!
Ashley left for Vegas today. He is there with some friends that he grew up with and is there for a bachelor party. Meanwhile, I am here with the kids, and puppy (who is very much still a puppy, but more on that later) in the rain! I am sick and have been so exhausted today, so I thought a nice bubble bath for the boys would keep them busy for a while. I was wrong! I raced upstairs to the screaming of "NO NO Marley" to find the dog, covered in bubbles, trying to get into the bathtub. Two kids were out already, covered in bubbles themselves (no need for a towel when you have mom's clean carpet to run and drip on, right?) and headed to the shower (after a run around my room and hallway), and Drew was in the tub, up to his waist in bubbles, throwing them on Marley. The water had drained, there were bubbles everywhere, and in the middle of the bathroom, a chewed up roll of toilet paper (Marley's favorite chew toy!). At least she's not chewing our shoes...yet!!

No comments: