
Oooowwww! This was from last night...Poor little Drew got bit by at least 34 mosquitoes (I lost count after that...maybe fewer of those pesky little bugs bit him, but he has at least 34 bites...) last Sunday. He has been itching those terribly all week. On Thursday, he started getting small red welts on his chest, on Friday much worse...fast forward several days and it's uncontrollable. He has at least doubled the number of hives everyday, and now, his face is COVERED! He has them on his back, arms, hands, chest, butt, face, head, neck...just about everywhere! He is itching like crazy, and now has nasty scabs and scrapes all over his face and body. We went to the peditrician on Sunday, and she suggested that maybe it was a delayed allergic reaction to the bits, just try Benadryl every 6 hours. Well, needless to say, we've been using Benadryl since Thursday, and that's not working. Yesterday, I sought a second opinion by a dermatologist. He wasn't my favorite doctor I've ever been too and had not so good bedside manner. I left with a prescription of some steriod ointment for the bites, over the counter Zyrtec for the hives, and not much else. I was not impressed.


Here is what he looked like this morning! The pictures just do not do it justice, and he looks and feels terrible! His eyes were almost swollen shut, and the scrapes are all over his face where he's been itching. We are heading back to the pediatrician today, to see another doctor, and hoping to get some steroids to stop the hives from spreading. He is irritable and in pain. It's just pittiful.
1 comment:
Andrea, those on his back almost look like ring worms to me. Jordan had them one time, and before they had a chance to spread, someone told me to take the "juice of a frozen walnut" and put on it. I tried it and believe it or not it worked. It has to be a walnut in a shell, freeze it, and it almost looks like you are putting mud on it, but it works. I hope he gets well soon..
Post a Comment