February 21, 2012

Let's Try Again....

Ok, so last time I posted {I think} I said that I was going to try harder to post regularly....well, obviously, that didn't happen!!  Oh well...there's always time for a new start.  Over the last year, I have missed blogging.  No, I'm not a writer, and my plate is very full, but what I realize is that I do miss it.  This is such a great way for me to mark my children's lives and remember the good, bad, and chaotic times that we have.  We certainly hope that there are more good times, don't we all, but let's be real here.  Raising children, in my case all boys, is hard.  Throw in the mix working parents, a dog, 2 rabbits {yes...we still have the rabbits, although we'd gladly give them to a new home if you're interested}, sports, homework, church, and everything else that it takes to keep a household running, and there just isn't enough time.  That being said, I have no idea who is reading this or often, but my goal here is for me to remember what we do every day, because let's be honest here, somedays I can't remember which way is up and the activities of the day are just a blur.  I'm trying to get more balance in my life, and long for a closer relationship with Christ.  When I'm with the boys, I want to do just that, be WITH the boys.  I want to be present and be in the moment.  Everything else can wait, for now my most important job is to be their mom and take a few minutes to remember that.

They are all playing next door with their friends, dinner is in the oven, laundry is in the dryer { which is ok, at least it's clean }, I have 2 computers running playing catch up for the few minutes of quiet time that I have, and right now both of my real jobs are having to wait and I am taking a few minutes to update here and do what I want.

While I can't go back for the last several months and update this, I can give you a few recent photos that are my favorites..

I think that this one is my favorite!  This was an attempt at our Christmas card this year, and I just LOVE their laughs and expressions, especially Davis.  I can hear him laughing here and this truly captures his spirit.  Jackson and Drew are difficult to get a "real" smile out of, so I was so happy to get it!  Hey, it just takes one!  I'll spare you the truth about what they are laughing about...just imagine Ashley behind me and singing a song that little boys just think is hysterical.  Bodily functions and boys...wow!

Another funny one from Christmas.  Drew cracks me up!  Typical third child trying to be silly and get attention!  I could just eat him up!  Oh how I love this age!!

So this was on our Christmas card.  I love how Marley looks like she's smiling too!!  Happy Boys!
Christmas morning!  Not the best pic of the boys, but I love these early Christmas morning sleepy pictures! 

The boys on the golf cart that Santa brought.  They have LOVED this!  WE will LOVE this over the summer!  The perfect way to get to the pool!

Drew just turned 5!  AHHH...and yes, I just filled out all of the forms to register my BABY for kindergarten!  {don't miss big brother Davis trying to sneak into the birthday picture for Davis in the background! }


In early December, Jackson was invited to go to the ACC Championship game to see the Clemson Tigers win!  The Orange Bowl wasn't such a fun game to watch, but Jackson had a blast at the ACC Championship game!

No comments: