July 22, 2009

Birthday Party

Today, Jackson had his 7th birthday party. All he wanted was to play golf, so we arranged for a few boys to go out to a local course and have a mini golf clinic. He was so excited, and we were so worried! Ten little boys swinging golf clubs....AHHH!

Everything went great, and we all survived, and no one even got a skinned knee! We had one moment of drama when one child was hanging out in the golf cart with Drew and released the brake from the cart. The cart, with the 2 children in it, started rolling quickly downhill. I noticed and ran after it, trying to stop it (not an easy task on a hill!!) and hit the brake with one foot, while trying not to fall with the other. Lucky for me, a teenage boy saw everything and came to assist! The pro and AJ didn't even see it happen! I'm just glad no one was hurt, and the cart didn't crash!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Gotta love those boys. As cautious as my Jordan is, he actually broke his wrist getting into a golf cart (while it was parked)at the beach when he was five. This is the child who is super safe and cautious. I am glad you "saved the day!" And why am I not surprised that none of the men noticed?